Just like its namesake, the Vanhunks Mahi Mahi kayak is a trophy fish found in nearly any water temperature from the Florida Keys to the North Atlantic!
- Length: 11 ft / 335 cm
- Width: 34 inches / 86 cm
- Height: 11 inches / 30 cm
- Weight without drive: 70 lbs
- Weight with drive: 79 lbs
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 405 lbs
- 2-piece kayak paddle made with heavy duty black EDC coated aluminum
- PVC anti-drip rings (keeps your kayak dry)
- 4 carrying handles
- 2 Integrated fishing rod holders
- Large rear and front storage with bungee
- Adjustable aluminum seat
- 2 Accessory track rails
- 6 drain holes with scupper plugs
- Cupholder (yew!)
- 2 adjustable footrests
- Fishfinder compartment (fishfinder not included)
- Optional fin or propeller drive system
Local Sarasota, FL Pickup
If you'd like to arrange local pickup at the warehouse in Sarasota to save on shipping cost please select local pickup during checkout. We will send you a purchase confirmation immediately and notify you when your order is ready for pickup. Any questions just reach out!
Optional Fin Drive
The optional fin drive system allows for a hands-free experience on the water so you can focus your attention on getting your bait out in the water, and when the time comes, reel in that monster.
A one-handed rudder control allows for easy maneuvering. The rudder system is an integrated design with the bottom of the hull and no need to worry about obstacles that can damage your rudder; the rudder is securely horizontally aligned under the Kayak.
The removable fin drive is super straightforward to use, allowing you to reach top speeds in no time and maintain momentum when you are moving, and that frees up your hands when trawling.
With an extremely quiet propulsion fin drive system, the fish will not hear you coming and will still allow you the element of surprise. Kayak paddles produce a ton of unnecessary noise, with the fin drive system you will leave a smaller trace, with less disturbance and advantage on your next catch.
Good Wave's Overview
The superior stability of the kayak makes it great for fishing. You can cast while you are standing up and not worry about the boat tipping or you falling off.
We believe we found the perfect weight to balance ratio. Less length means less weight to be paddled, yet the wide hull still secures plenty of storage space, which is ideal if you bag that big one.
The bottom of this vessel is complemented with a deep single V shape in the front towards a double V in the back for added stability and speed of water flow through the tail area. The hull is designed for superior stability, yet effortless forward propulsion.
Equipped with a round storage hatch between the paddler's seat and the fin drive system, front storage, and rear storage system, with added space behind your seat, space is absolutely no problem. The Mahi Mahi kayak is equipped with six horizontal molded rod placements and two integrated rod holders at the back. On either side of the paddler, the integrated tackle box storage compartments are molded into the design, not to forget the molded-in cup holder.
When it came to seating, we equipped the Mahi Mahi kayak with an adjustable aluminum seat on a slider system to move your position forward and backward without much effort, to ensure a comfortable pedal. When you’re out on the water all day, you need to be comfortable, the Vanhunks Mahi Mahi Fin Drive System kayak provides just that. Mahi Mahi’s spacious, and the raised padded seat ensures you’re not going to get soaked by any water in the seating area from ocean spray. With ample room to move around, entry and exit, as well as gear access, is easy. Recline your seat for a laid-back paddle position, or secure it more upright for moments when you need to dash forward quickly.
(see last product above for large view)
- STORAGE: Large rear and front storage with bungee for keeping bait, food, and other essentials
- FIN DRIVE: 1 x Fin Drive System
- FOOTRESTS: 2 x Adjustable footrests
- RUDDER CONTROL: One-handed rudder control allows for easy maneuvering
- DELUXE ALUMINIUM SEAT: 1x Deluxe Aluminum Seat: With breathable mesh for all-day enjoyment, and adjustable fittings, you’ll feel content chilling back in a reclined position as you cast your rod, and in full control in a forward position as you push your way across bays to get the good ones. The seating’s raised design ensures you’re not drenched in a pool of spray water collecting in the kayak throughout the day.
- DRAIN PLUGS: 6x Drainage holes with scupper plugs
- MOTOR MOUNT: 1 x Motor Mount in tail area
- FISHFINDER COMPARTMENT: 1 x Fishfinder compartment (fishfinder not included)
- ACCESSORY RAILS: 2 x Accessory track rails
- STORAGE HATCH: 1x Small round storage hatch
- CUP HOLDER: 1x Molded-in cupholder
- ROD HOLDERS: 2x Molded-in fishing rod holders
- RUDDER: Integrated Rudder System
- PADDLE: 1x Two-piece paddle
OPTIONAL EXTRA’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Motor Mount
- Electric Motor
- Drive Cover
Shipping & Returns
Good Wave Company, LLC is proud to offer a 30-day return policy for any reason, as long as the products are unused and their original packaging. The customer is responsible for paying return shipping. Please contact \\firstname.lastname@example.org before returning.
For urgent questions, please use our chat box at the bottom right of the website! If we're unavailable, we're helping another customer so please just leave us a message.
All other questions please use our contact form.
♥ Good Wave family